When he started to pet me I cried but like in a good way. I LOVE THIS GAME AND I PLAYED THE PAST ONE SOMETHING ABT IT IS JUST SO MESMERIZING!!! also i love dr. voldritch so damn much he so lovely and cute
A relaxing sequel to Doctor Voldritch's Experiment intended to help get you nice and chill with hypnosis. The game is for people new and old to hypnotism and gives a tutorial for those not familiar with it.
You meet up in a café with Dr. Voldritch who promises you that you'll have a really fun time with a behavioral experiment he's running. He brings you back to his lab where you run into some odd characters and weird hijinks ensue...
…of course you also get to chill with the esteemed Doctor and go to comfy town too.
The web version runs a bit slower depending on your computer/internet so there's always the downloadable options. Playtime is about an hour - 2 hours.
Made by me and with help with my friend Chef.
Previous game in the series: https://bloofbloof.itch.io/drvoldritch
Next game featuring Voldritch: https://bloofbloof.itch.io/mezmas-revenge
If you want more voldie, I have a comic series: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/bloof-comics/list?title_no=485655
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Bad Ending Bug FixedFeb 19, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
That was interesting. It actually produced a sleepy calming effect on me. I really expected nothing to happen.
rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room rat room
LOVEEEE the game and dr. voldritch ;)
He knows I have issues
what do you use to make the music
I wont him
Not the fourth wall breaks 😂
…Also did he just pull a MIB memory flash on me?
Nah it's a pen light. It's used in hypnotism and his just looks funky lol
dayum he a hottie okay
I love these games so much but like... Where do you get these audios for it from cuz 😩😩😩
I make them myself :p
Woah! This has even more content than the last one! I love how we get to see more backgrounds and how they all mesh together to form the world that Dr. Voldritch and many others live in. I also love how we get to see more sides of good ol' Dr. Voldritch, especially his goofy side, truly gives him more depth as well as introducing more characters. Also I love Science Bloof! They really weren't kidding of being deisgned to get humanity's love and affection! Also I love MC's reactions to the bird goth and how entirely unimpressed they were. But also I love how much variety the brainwashing process began because I did feel a bit woozy from it, especially with the pen lights. It was a bit of strain but eventually I did get into the groove of things. Also that secret?? Poor Dr. Voldritch but honestly I'd rather watch Science Bloof much on their cookie. Great work!!
Aw it means a lot! Also I do have a comic with them in it, so you can definitely read them in the meantime until the third game is out!
This was extremely well made. I was on the edge of sleep going through this. Very tired during, and I still am. I love the addition of the bloof this time round. Will there be a third game?
awww bloof x cookie
uggghhhhhhhhh i lov e sleepy friends rat man an d scienc bloof
this is so delightfully pleasant. i love the, the calm. and how it's so. sorry brains still a bit squishy, i starded calm and switched to hazy so. head purple
i think tharacter driven hypnosis experiments like this are a resounding success. theres something abt it that really gets me. the ability to switch up your experience mideay is really good too, love that little...that little bit of handling. i think this is exactly what ive been looking for and never realized i needed. its good.
i'm gonna do it again. blasts me in a good way and now im tired.
i just remembere di wanted to compliment you on the music too!! it's Exactly everything it needs to be. not too calmihg but not too mechanical. it hits the sweet spot that just jives my brain real good
its good. its so good. love this generic scientist man. would get cookies with him again 10/10
 ALSO ALSO good job getting a codephrase to stick with me for more than five seconds bc that callback to the original experiment slapped me so hard abd i didnt even expect it to. tried half a dozen other ones in the past, this is the first and only one that hasnt just slipped off my brain like so much banana pudding
Enjoy that hazy purple brain of yours :D
hehe. what if one day he just spontaneously adopts some kids from an orphanage to test what activities cause the most joy, and then one day some heroes try to "save" the kids from "the evil man running experiments on them" and the ids are just hugging some small bloofs and drinking chocolate milk like "nah, were good." that would be cute
I love him sm, it's such a calming experience!! Do you plan on doing a third game?
remember me, yeah i still havent changed my mind lol
i dont think it did much to me personally , but i loved this game so much !! the dr and all are just amazing !!
will have to play again !
Ah! I really hope there's another game! The whole concept is cool, and it's gotten me interested in hypnosis! Plus, I can't wait to see more of Dr goofball.
I've never really been able to into trance when I try to find hypnosis stuff online. Whilst this didn't get me fully under.. it did get me a fair bit under, which is better than most things!!
Also Dr. Voldritch is just absolutely sweet. He's amazing, and this game in general is just sweet, cute, and charming!
A wonderful experience throughout.
Its 3am and I shall do the big sleep because i'm actually and surprisingly sleepy from this experience
i actually fell in love w/ this man. i played this like a month ago and just recently played again and... :)
i care him
I FINALLY FINISHED IT!!! I kept falling asleep before I could get through it but FINALLY I was able to brave it! I absolutely adored the first game and as someone who's a huge fan of your art and storytelling it was super fun to meet Science Bloof and Foxglove!! Thank you so much for putting the effort into this game! Do you have plans for what you'll be doing with these characters in the future beyond the art and comics you've been posting?
Thanks! I might do another visual novel and some hypnosis files but probably still work on the comics since its pretty fun.
gotta say that this man has my full heart
oh my god this did wonders for my gay touchstarved brain
also the nods to the past game was amazing aksnkdskfbsfkhskf i love itttttt
I need it-
I love this sm! I cant wait to see more of Voldritch ^o^ We can be sleepy bois together :-)
i am so gay for this cartoon science man
You encounter Voldritch after his nap! What do you do?
*Talk *Dizzy *Flirt *Mean
You picked flirt!
Voldrich blushes, flustered.
Loved this game so much that I had to make fanart!
Sgdhsjjdj dr Voldritcj is so babiy I jus wanna hug himm and tell him hes prettyyy sdsd <33
I really really enjoyed both of these games!!! The characters, the visuals, the options/endings are sooo *mwahh* and the interactions between Voldritch n you n other characters are very entertaining!
I played this game w my bro n sis apnd we all felt bad when we went thru the bad end thoo, poor babi doesn't deserve thiss ;-((
Also, I wanted to ask whether or not you were accepting translations, cuz I'm totally willing to translate both of the games to slovene! <3
Aw thanks! And not sure how to implement translations, i'll have to ask my friend who coded it how to.
Honestly, if anyone were to take over the world, I'd want it to be Voldritch- I don't care how evil he is, he's adorable.
He tries to be evil but fails but you give him hope that he can be.
HE'S SUCH A BEAN THOO- I want him to control the world. sdgbhjhfui
Being serious though, I hope to see more of him and his hypnotic experiments. Maybe make a game where you're one of his rats? I'd wanna see that. I'd just be like:
I actually have a comic series on my twitter and webtoons where I post more lore for the character.
FR?? What is it?
Hm. Getting a pretty bad bug on Itch where it refuses to play in the actual Itch app. (The game runs fine when downloaded as its own app with and without Itch also downloaded, and when played on desktop outside of the Itch app.) This is the error message it's giving me:
wasm instantiation failed! CompileError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Wasm code generation disallowed by embedder
I'll see if its a game bug or browser issue.
It seems to be an issue with the website itself.
Dr voldriicth make happy :]
Notes as things progress:
1. I got my cookie. Score!
2. Intro to hypnosis was very nice. Seems my capacity for The Most Extreme Hyperfocus is also hypnosis...? Well, they both have 'hyp' in the name. I'll take it as... eh, close enough, why not? ADORED the fourth wall breaking! I feel... a lot less like asserting my villainous superiority and more like Voldritch is something of a... dare I say it, ally, in my villainous quests? But like, he is also Just A Cartoon Scientist in a Visual Novel.
3. Voldritch's lab is really nice?! Well, I kinda noticed this in the first Voldritch visnov I played, but man, it feels even nicer here! And the music used here! The music even SOUNDS purpley laboratory-ish! In... a way I can't describe properly. Don't ask.
4. A bathroom is mentioned. This... only makes me recall my first thoughts of LavLabs and my first impressions as "darn it, why does my mind always thing lav is a shortening of lavatory?!"
5. Ah, a fellow lover of flowery language. As all even remotely villainous types should be (minus the quiet ones... they're allowed their one word answers.)
6. Darnit! Betrayal. It's more like I'm HIS ally in a world takeover. Sigh... guess I will have to resist a little.
7. Being brainwashed into a happy puddle of calm sounds less bad than it did last time when I just wanted to assert villainous superiority. Still kinda do though.
8. Voldritch, as much as I wanna relax and partake in devious ridiculousness and this sounds extremely fun I also just wanna assert how villainous I am as well and I hate how I want to do this now GOSH DARN IT!!
9. I LIVE FOR THE CAMPY AESTHETIC TOO!!!!!!!! DARN IT!!!
10. serene? PLEASE I AM TAKING NOTES AND- aw, forget it. i am kinda serene but I left my lights off and that bothers me so if i wasn't so hyperfocused on this game I'd be turning them on but instead I'm turning down my brightness.
11. The audio is kinda broken on my end though... lest it was intentional. It just kinda distrubed my... oh god actually a little tired state.
12. Went with energized. Kinda wanna feel... more aware. After all, this game has gotten me quite focused on it... to the point where I'm taking notes and I've almost forgotten my yearning that I was having earlier. Almost.
13. Being allowed to choose my choice of Things to Feel... helped??? Wha-
14. Curse my internalized "Self, you HAVE anxiety, you cannot stop thinking, and you LOVE thinking!" I want to, but like, I'm very hesitant to go No Thoughts Head Empty because I have NEVER known that state and I am too cowardly to want to.
15. Resisted the flash because Oh Man That's A White Screen Not A Fun Stimulus but like, it wasn't horrible but ajsfdshy. Do Not Know If It'll Work Because My Defiance Is Great, Isn't It.
16. The stare and light things sound like threats and all I can think to that is "HAHA FUNNY NON-THREAT SOUNDS LIKE THREAT!!!"
17. Curse also my easily distractedness. These notes probably aren't helping me go deeper into this trance at all.
18. I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY. THANK YOU FICTIONAL CHARACTER AND SENTIMENTS OF AUTHOR WHO WROTE SAID FICTIONAL CHARACTER.
19. green bubbles green bubbles.
20. The pure juxtaposition of the sleepy feels with the confident and empowered... ah, yes, poetic contradictions...? But perhaps not poetic at all.
21. Resisted flash less. When I heard "reward" I was imagining another cookie. But I am fine with this, I guess. Light Is Neat Enough.
22. I let you pet me last time and only didn't for speedrun's sake another time. Why the heck not. Noticed a typo in "Amazing!." though right after he asked.
23. Remembered how my friend mentioned a lot of the lines out of context could sound like innuendos and laughed. Curse my distraction!
24. AND NOW ALL I CAN THINK OF IS "UWU NUZZLES YOU" GOSH! DARN! IT!
25. Another typo to make you aware of... "One i'm sure you won't mind coming back to a few more times."
26. Voldritch, I'm afraid I associate the color purple with villainy a little too much for it to be the best trigger... but we'll see.
27. AWARE MODE MUSIC IS BANGIN'.
28. Yes, Doc, I am very poggers.
29. Bro is truly taking one for the team.
30. WEIRD BIRD CREATURE. LOVE THEM.
31. Rat room. WE're the rats we're the rats yes we're the rats.
32. No cookies for me? But for rat?? Fine. Had one earlier. Rat can have cookies.
33. Foxglove! That's a poisonous plant, right?
34. Girlfriend? Good for them! While mad scientist x monster isn't the ideal dynamic in my opinion, it does have a charm to it... (Mad scientist x Overlordy World Takeover And Nothing Else Not Even Science Y'know, Mustache Twirly and Good Fashion Taste and All That is my personal favorite... but I gotta admit this as cute too.)
35. COOL MONSTER FOXGLOVE??? Pog.
36. BRAINWASH FOR HAIR!
37. Who Is Vivian. Why Is She In The Hypnosis Cereal.
38. Good book taste.
39. Products for the aesthetic. Only a semi-mood... but nevertheless a mood. You can't have half a mood-press!
41. Th-thot-b-gone? Sounds useful. WAIT A HECKIN SEC IS THAT A PUN ON "THOUGHT-B-GONE" BY JOVE THAT'S CLEVER I WONDER IF IT WAS INTENTIONAL.
(41a. took a dinner break)
42. Not actually his girlfriend? I wonder if that was a self-defense lie or if it was a truth murmured in a terrified moment. I am no longer just Subject. I Have EXTRA Power.
43. SCIENCE BLOOF
44. oh man foxglove is a lab-made monster huh. that's usually why i don't like monster x mad scientist ships, because more often than not they're... oddly creator x the entity they created and that doesn't vibe the most with me... i just assumed this was some random monster that Voldritch met on the internet somehow.
45. Voldritch's "just woke up" expression is Amusing.
46. VOLDRITCH NEEDS A BETTER SLEEP SCHEDULE GIVE HIM ONE.
47. OH Foxglove ISN'T a labmade monster ohhh. but only kinda. for evil's sake foxglove chill with the pill.
48. Why isn't there a "thoughts on Voldritch" choice that's "I had a random thought that you seem semi-fatherly but in a way that is otherwise harder to describe- wait, no, dad friend." Somehow I get overworked dad/teacher friend vibes from him. "Upstanding guy" it is.
49. i don't drink tea nor coffee unless it's boba-filled milk tea WHAT DO I DO- uh. lavenders have an evil color i'll take that.
50. ANOTHER PERSON TO CHILL WITH. yes i know i am a Test Subject but i would be villain bros with Voldritch if he DIDN'T HAVE THE SAME GOAL AS ME
but actually my current goal is "Get Rival" but in the long ru-
(50a. wait he's a cartoon scientist. and i am a mere realistic mortal who CAN'T take over the world because he's a little LOSER! but he still wants a rival. why am i going third person.)
51. Needing to share your main interest with people! What! A! Mood!
52. Was "we can be weird together" supposed to be a... yknow type answer? Flirty? OH NO DID MY OBLIVIOUS SELF ACCIDENTALLY FLIRT WITH THE CARTOON SCIENTIST NOOOO I WAS SAVING MY FLIRTS FOR A RIVAL I JUST CONSIDER MYSELF AN ECCENTRIC NO DR. VOLDRITCH PLEASE DON'T THINK OF ME BADLY FROM THI- cartoon scientist.
53. oh it didn't go so bad I GET ICE CREAM!!! AND HANGING OUT WITH THE CARTOON SCIENTIST. Fun game even though I suck at getting hypnotized by anything that isn't my own volition aka "Oh look at me ya boy's gonna HYPERFOCUS FOR THE SAKE OF WHO KNOWS WHY I DON'T GET TO PICK WHAT I FIXATE ON!"
fun times, might go for the secret soon!!! Thanks for making this!
edit: wait already had the secret LMAO! the music is bangin i'll post the main portion of this edit once i'm done
1. bloof media player asijdfviyd. this is a fun secret
2. an f for voldritch's files!
3. ah yes the best hypnosis is cookie watch. /s
Aw, i'm glad you like it! If the audio is glitching, it's a browser thing unfortunately. I'll keep it in mind.
This was a nice little adventure. I'm going to go go simp the corner. over all really nice and calming:]
and whenever a flashes the pen my page reloads lmao
Huh that might be a bug, i'll look into that. Does it destroy the playthrough or has no effect on the game?